Sunday, 23 August 2009

A Little Celebration

Lately I have not had much time for cooking or baking. Summer holidays are over, my dance training is again in full swing :), and I have tons of books I want to read waiting for their turn, so I've spent any little free time I've had reading.

Yesterday I and Mr. Dance Partner had our first competition after the summer break. It was a smaller national competition, 17 couples, and standard dances only for our class. I am very happy to tell you that we won! :)

To celebrate a little I wanted to bake something good just for myself today. Earlier this week David Lebovitz posted a recipe that caught my eye, and I decided to try that one out. Of course, my local supermarket did not have ricotta, green garlic or fresh thyme and I was too lazy to go to another store, so I opted for some feta & little mozzarella balls, little yellow onions and dried thyme. I also added some cherry tomatoes to the recipe. Otherwise I more or less followed the recipe David posted. I must say the tart turn out great! It is very tasty and was very easy to make, without a doubt a recipe I want to use again and again.

Please go over to David's site for the Herbed Ricotta Tart recipe.


10 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Congrats! That tart looks fabulous! What is that Swiss wine ;-P?

Cheers,

Rosa

Tiina said...

Ah, the wine! :) It's a bottle of red from the Valais region. Tasted really nice, and isn't that a great looking bottle!!

Greetings,
Tiina

5 Star Foodie said...

Congratulations on winning the competition - how wonderful! The tart looks fantastic!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations to your and Mr. Dance Partner!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Yes, I thought that I recognized it ;-P!

Cheers,

Rosa

farida said...

I love savory tarts more than sweet ones:) This is an excellent one to whip up. Looks great!

Terri B. said...

Congratulations on winning the dance competition!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Have a great day tomorrow!

Cheers,

Rosa

anya said...

Tiina, congratulations to you and your mysterious Mr.Dance Partner! ;) I'll have a few chocolate tartlets for your success!

Tiina said...

Thanks, everyone! :)

Greetings,
Tiina