Friday, 18 July 2008

Paris in May 2008

Time for the Paris post! :) I spent the last week of May in Paris with my Dad. It was a vacation, but a special one. We were there to watch the French Open Tennis Championships at Roland Garros. It was the second time for me, I was there also in 2007, and the first time for my Dad. It was also his first trip to Paris. We had a great time! Tennis was great! Paris was great! Weather not so :), but we did get 2-3 sunny days. Actually our first and last day there was really beautiful, most other days there were showers of rain. In addition to watching numerous tennis matches we also managed to see some sights: the Eiffel tower, the Notre Dame, the Triumphal Arc, the castle and gardens of Versailles and Les Invalides, where Napoleon is buried.

And the breakfast buffee at the Hotel Eiffel Kennedy was just as good as last year and the service was as excellent! :)

1. Eiffel Tower
2. View from our hotelroom window
3. Sunny day in Versailles
4. Statue of Napoleon at Les Invalides
5. Napoleon's coat and hat at display in Les Invalides
6. A streetview (Pont de Bir-Hakem)

9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Thanks for that virtual tour of Paris and for the nice pictures!

cheers,

Rosa

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Ah! My hubby and I went to Paris a couple yers ago. It is so beautiful and the FOOD!!!! Thanks for a lovely re-visit of one of the worlds most beautiful cities!

White On Rice Couple said...

What a wonderful place to be, I'm so jealous!! I would love to be there soon, but it cost's me so much to get there!
Thanks for sharing the pictures, I just love looking at them!

anya said...

Being a sucker for the inspiring views out of a window, I see you standing right by the window in your hotel room, breathing in the paris air and enjoying the moment. Lovely! :) And while we are at it, didn't you also have chocolate in your vicinity right at the moment? :)

~Priscilla~ said...

that eiffel tower looks pretty, sounds like you had a great time!

Alisha said...

Hi,

I wanted to write a note to you, but since I couldn't find your email, leaving a comment.We at Wowzio have build some useful widgets, like slideshow widget, activity widget and more. For your blog, these can be seen at
http://www.wowzio.com/widgets/seewidgets?ids=13586&r=c

Again, I apologize for having to leave a comment, pl. note it is not my intent to spam you.

Thx-Alisha
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Kate / Kajal said...

Hello Paris ;p

white on rice couple said...

Hi Tiina! How are you? Hope all is well with you and miss you much!

Cinnamonda said...

Dear White on Rice Couple, I'm fine. I just posted a little update on this blog. I will visit your site soon, I'm sure I'll have loads and loads of posts to read!

Greetings,
Tiina