Sunday, 6 July 2008

Nectarine Cobbler

I bought some lovely, juicy nectarines a few days ago in order to make some kind of pie using them. However, they tasted so delicious that I ended up eating them all as such. On Saturday I bought some more and this time I came up with this very easy and quick to make cobbler recipe. Feel free to use more sugar, if you want to.

Nectarine Cobbler

4 nectarines cut into small pieces
2 dl water
1 dl liquid margarine or butter (or you might also try using olive oil) + some for buttering the mould
0,5 dl granulated sugar
2 dl wheat flour
5 table spoons hazelnut flour
1 tea spoon baking powder
1 egg

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
2. Mix all other ingredients but the nectarines in a bowl.
3. Pour the batter into a buttered pie mould or small baking dish.
4. Place the nectarine pieces on top.
5. Bake in the oven for about 55-60 minutes or until a knife pressed into the cobbler comes out clean.
6. Enjoy as such or with some vanilla sauce, ice cream or whipped cream.

8 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love nectarines and cobblers so I'll just say "yummy"!

Cheers,

Rosa

anya said...

Oh nectarines, I love them so! Irresistible - as they are - to be eaten right away; it stands to a reason, however, to use them in baking too. Your nectarine cobbler recipe is a winner!

Dhanggit said...

this is sooo yummy!! i cant wait to try my hand on this recipe!!

White On Rice Couple said...

Tis the season for stone fruits! Your beautiful cobbler is perfect for our summer here! I love cobblers and especially anything that has to do with nectarines.

maybelles parents said...

looks delicious. I have some stone fruit sitting around and might do this tomorrow night.

Cinnamonda said...

Rosa, yes, cobblers are fun to bake!

Anya, I think nectarines are perfect also for clafoutis and other pies.

Dhanggit, I'm glad you liked my recipe!

White on Rice Couple,yes. Lots of stone fruit around here,too, though they are mostly the "flying kind". :) Well, some people do have plum trees that grow these tiny little plums.

Maybelles parents, you could really use almost any fruit, or berries, or both for this cobbler.

Greetings,
Tiina

maybelles parents said...

i made this with egg substitute instead of egg (and I halved the recipe.) It was great. Thanks. (Sadly, I didn't take a pict.) But if I remake it, I will post and link. Thanks.

Cinnamonda said...

Maybelles parents, it is very nice to hear that you used my recipe & liked the cobbler! I would love to see a picture, if you ever remake it.

Greetings,
Tiina