Sunday, 29 June 2008

Daring Bakers' June Challenge: Danish Braid

I know :), I have not been blogging at all this past month! I posted more actively during my trip to Paris, thanks to Blogger's new feature that allows one to schedule posts to appear in a future date ;), than later in June. Well, first I was busy with work and sports and lately I have been enjoying my summer holidays! :) But I promise to be a good girl and post some recipes also during this vacation. Plus I have some nice pictures I took in Paris that some of you might find interesting, so, I will also do a Paris post later.

Today, however, it is time for this month's Daring Bakers' challenge post. The recipe we were to bake was "Danish Braid" from Sherry Yard's "The Secrets of Baking". As I like baking "pulla" as we say here in Finland:) I liked this challenge a lot! The dough was a butter-laminated dough and we were given the possibility to either use the apple filling recipe provided or use some other filling that we had made from scratch. Even though the apple filling recipe looked really nice I opted for sliced, fresh strawberries that I bought from my favorite farmer's market. I think they were just the perfect filling for this braid! :)

23 comments:

Ann said...

Really beautiful braid!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your braid looks fabulous! Great filling!

Cheers,

Rosa

anya said...

OMG, Tina, your danish braid makes me literally wordless!! It looks absolutely divine. Bravo, Mademoiselle! Bravo! :)

And of course, we are interested in your Paris post. Very much so!

A&N said...

Hi! First time visitor, but an instant admirer! the braid looks fantastic and I LOVE the idea of strawberries for filling. Kudos !!

Lorie said...

your braid looks heavenly!

Amy said...

Your braid turned out beautifully! Great work.

Kate / Kajal said...

Hi Tiina, the braids look so gorgeous, neat and perfect ! well done girl .

Patti said...

Oh your braid is PRETTY

breadchick said...

Very pretty braid! Well done.

Sophie said...

We'd like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you're interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details. (Click on my name in the message header link to visit our blog. :)

maybelles parents said...

great job. and so glad to see you back.

Renee said...

Gorgeous braids! Great job.

Claire said...

Beautiful braids! They look nice and flaky.

Cinnamonda said...

Thank you everyone for your nice words & welcome to my blog all you first time visitors! I hope to see you here again.

Greetings,
Tiina

Rebecca said...

I bet these smelled amazing while they were baking. Great job!

Cinnamonda said...

Rebecca, yes they did!:)

Greetings,
Tiina

~Amber~ said...

Your braid is absolutely beautiful, great job!

Jen Yu said...

Mmm, fresh strawberries! Your braid is beautiful. What a great job you did!

Miss Ifi said...

Your braid looks amazing!!! Congratulations on your beautiful looking challenge and I am sure it tasted fabulous with those strawberries!!!

Lunch Buckets said...

You did a really nice job with this challenge.

Cinnamonda said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and for visiting my blog!

Greetings,
Tiina

Dolores said...

Your braid is beautiful; I'm glad you took the time to play "show and tell" with it. :)

Cinnamonda said...

Thank you, Dolores! This was a fun challenge to make.

Greetings,
Tiina