Sunday, 18 May 2008

Last Year in Paris: Versailles

In the not too distant future, I will be flying to Paris for a week's holiday. I was there also in 2007. In anticipation of my upcoming trip, I browsed the pictures I took there last year and thought to share with you some I took when visiting Versailles.
I hope you will enjoy these photographs!

The palace is magnificant, but I simply love the gardens and park! I was lucky enough to visit on a Sunday afternoon when music played in the gardens and the numerous fountains were all working!

Links:
The official site of the Palace of Versailles
Louis XIV (The sun king)
Marie Antoinette
The French Revolution
Napoleon











6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Nice pictures! I hope you'll have fun there!

Cheers,

Rosa

anya said...

Tiina, I hope you'll have great time and make the most of your trip to Paris! :)

Kate / Kajal said...

ooh this garden looks so beautiful !
now i'm beginning to envy you ...i havent been to paris even once !

Jj said...

Does it ever look beautiful there! Thanks for sharing your pictures; the computer is the way I must travel these days so I really appreciate shares like this! :)

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Oh, take me with you! Please! I'll carry your bags, schlep your camera equipment, whatever! HAve agreat trip.

Cinnamonda said...

Thanks, Rosa! I'm sure I will!

Anya, I'm definitely trying to make most of my trip.

Kajal, doesn't it? :) I hope you'll get to see Paris some day!

Thanks for visiting my blog, jj! The computer is a good way to travel, too.

Hehe, Simply...gluten-free! :)And thanks, I'm sure I will.

Greetings,
Tiina