Sunday, 30 March 2008

Picks of the Month March 08

Good heavens! Is it again time for Picks of the Month? The month of March is nearing its end and spring is (knock on wood ;)) finally approaching even in Helsinki. By looking at this picture taken from my French balcony downwards yesterday, you might have some doubt about the start of spring, but I am optimistic. :) Temperatures should climb up to about +10 C during the coming week...

This month I have especially liked these posts:

1. Rosa's pictures from the Salève. I've been to Geneva once and I love the mountains. I would love to go for a hike on the Salève!

2. Kajal's lovely photos of iced hibiscus tea really made me thirsty and thinking of warm summer evenings!

3. White on rice couple continued to inspire me with their wonderful recipes, and they finally revealed their faces in a very nice video!

4. Annemarie posted a lovely recipe for blood orange sorbet. And the recipe included the use of rosewater! I had just bought a bottle of rosewater some days before and was wondering what to do with it! I served my sorbet with some whipped cream. It was delicious! :)

5. Maybelles mom came up with a vegan version of my orange rice. I'm so happy little Maybelle liked the vegan orange rice!

I'm also very honoured that Anya from Godful Food awarded my blog with this award:
Thank you so much, Anya!

Now I still have to decide whom to pass this award forward to! It will be hard! There are so many wonderful blogs out there in the blogosphere!

3 comments:

White On Rice Couple said...

Congrats on the very deserved award! But we were going to give it to you too! We're so behind on sending out all the awards and Anya beat us to it. Well, we've got a couple other things up our sleeve.....

maybelles mom said...

Congrats on your award. You totally do deserve it. And thanks for the comment about my blog; it is an honor. (I am sorry it took me so long to see it.)

Cinnamonda said...

White on rice couple, thank you! I would have given the award to you, too! :)

Maybelles mom, it was my pleasure. And thank you for the congratulations.

Greetings,
Tiina