If you have been reading my blog entries, you might have notices that the words simple and easy are mentioned quite often when I write about my favorite recipes. That is the way I like to cook. Even though sometimes it is fun to try complicated recipes, for everyday use simple and easy are, I believe, the way to go. Dividing my days between work, dance practise and tennis I do not have much time to dedicate for cooking during the weekdays, so when I do, I prefer to cook something that is easy to make. But, easy is not synonymous with bland or uninteresting. Little things can turn an ordinary dish into something special.
I'm sure most of you have a favorite recipe for chicken legs. This is mine, and it really should be called "chicken legs 101" :), as it really is one of my simple and easy recipes! Be aware of getting your fingertips yellow, though! ;)
Chicken Legs and Vegetables
2 small yellow onions
1 small shallot
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon clove powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
5 tablespoons sunflower oil
12 slices of bacon
6 chicken legs
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade.
2. Cut the shallot, carrot and yellow onions into medium and the cloves of garlic into small pieces.
3. Pour the sunflower oil into a soup plate. Add all the spices. Mix with a spoon.
4. Dip the chicken legs one by one into the spicy mixture. If you want, you may also let them marinate in it for a while, but that is not absolutely necessary.
5. Cut three good-sized squares from foil.
6. Wrap two slices of bacon around each chicken leg.
7. Put some yellow onion, shallot, garlic and carrot pieces in the middle of each foil square. Add two chicken legs per square. Close the foil rather tightly around the chicken legs and vegetables.
8. Cook in the oven in 200 degrees Centigrade for about 1 hour. Mmmm! Delicious!!