I've been thinking about food and colour quite a lot lately. The world of food is so full of wonderful incredients in such wonderful hues of all the rainbow. As I have also been eating quite a lot of fruit salads in these past few weeks, it was only natural that I wanted my salads to be colourful! If its gray outside, let my plate be sunny and bright!
In this salad I used oranges and sweeties (also called oroblancos), but you could choose any two citrus fruit you like, just choose two with different colour. Also instead of roasted chestnuts, you could use rosted pecans or hazelnuts.
Pomegranate and Citrus Fruit Salad
2 handfuls pomegranate seeds (=about 1/2 pomegranate)
some roasted chestnuts
2-4 tablespoons Turkish or Greek yoghurt
1. Peel the oranges. Cut each section into 3-4 parts. Set into a bowl.
2. Cut the sweetie into two halves. Using a grape fruit spoon remove the juicy pulp from the sections. Add into the bowl with the pieces of orange.
3. Cut the pomegranate into two and remove the seeds from one part. Add into the bowl.
4. Add some small pieces of roasted chestnuts. Mix.
5. Divide the salad into two deep plates or bowls.
6. Spoon 1-2 tablespoonfuls of Turkish or Greek yoghurt into both bowls.
7. Decorate the yoghurt with some cinnamon.