Well folks, to celebrate just because it's Friday and today was such a nice, sunny day and weekend with all its promises of lovely relaxation...or hmm, in my case work on Saturday:) ... looms ahead, let's bake some cookies! This is my slightly altered version of a super easy recipe from ICA Provkök's cookbook "Seitsemän sortin leivonnaiset" that I have mentioned before here.
Anyone interested in knowing what some basic ingredients used in this recipe are called in Finnish?
Ok, here comes:
coconut = kookospähkinä
almond = manteli
sugar = sokeri
wheat flour = vehnäjauho
And in case you are not familiar with the letter ä, it is pronounced like the a in "that" or "cat". And any two identical vowels one after the other make a loooong sound. :)
Coconut and Almond Cookies
Pre-heat the oven to 175 C
For 1 full baking sheet of cookies you will need:
50 g unsalted butter
1 dl granulated sugar
1 tablespoon light-coloured syrup (I used my favorite = Amaretto syrup)
1/3 dl cream
1 dl coconut flakes
1 dl almond flakes
1/2 dl wheat flour
1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and let it cool a little.
2. Mix all other incredients in a bowl. Add melted butter. Mix with a spoon until smooth.
3. With a teaspoon spoon little heaps of batter onto a greaseproof paper covered baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are nicely brown.
5. Let the cookies cool before moving them from the baking sheet. The cookies may still have soft centers when you take them from the oven. That is ok. They harden as they cool down.
If you want to make your cookies a little more special, dip them half way to melted chocolate. Let dry before eating.
Have a lovely weekend!