Okay, maybe I got a bit carried away when cooking my lunch today! :) Not only did I use cream and honey, I also included saffron and pomegranate seeds into my menu. Well, it's Sunday, it was cold outside, and a girl really got to pamper herself with an extra nice lunch sometimes! Plus I bought some plane tickets today, so I was celebrating a little. :) A clue to where the tickets will take me follows at the end of this post...
Chicken Filets with Honey and Cream
2 chicken filets
3-4 tablespoons honey
3-4 tablespoons flat leaved parsley, chopped
2 dl (low fat) cooking cream
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1. Smear the chicken filets with honey, lots of it. Add some chopped parsley on the filets.
2. In a large saucepan warm the oil. Add some chopped parsley.
3. Add the filets into the saucepan. Fry for a couple of minutes on both sides.
4. Add the cream.
5. Lower the heat and let simmer under an almost closed lid for a while.
6. Enjoy with saffron rice.
2 dl cooked basmati rice (you will not need quite this much for the hearts, but save the rest for later)
2-3 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
some threads of saffron
2 teaspoons water
You will also need 1 heart shaped cookie cutter
1. Add the water into a small bowl.
2. Crush the saffron threads with your fingertips and mix with water.
3. Add the yoghurt, and mix with a spoon.
4. When placing the rice on a plate, use a heart shaped cookie cutter as a mould. With a teaspoon fill the mould with the saffron rice. Remove the cookie cutter carefully.
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
juice and seeds of half a pomegranate
2-3 teaspoons granulated sugar
1. In a small saucepan melt the butter.
2. Add 2-3 teaspoons of sugar and mix.
3. Add the pomegranate seeds & juice.
4. Let simmer for a while.
5. Use to decorate the rice hearts.