Sunday, 17 February 2008

Chicken Filets with Honey and Cream

Okay, maybe I got a bit carried away when cooking my lunch today! :) Not only did I use cream and honey, I also included saffron and pomegranate seeds into my menu. Well, it's Sunday, it was cold outside, and a girl really got to pamper herself with an extra nice lunch sometimes! Plus I bought some plane tickets today, so I was celebrating a little. :) A clue to where the tickets will take me follows at the end of this post...

Chicken Filets with Honey and Cream

Serves 2

2 chicken filets
3-4 tablespoons honey
3-4 tablespoons flat leaved parsley, chopped
2 dl (low fat) cooking cream
2 tablespoons sunflower oil

1. Smear the chicken filets with honey, lots of it. Add some chopped parsley on the filets.
2. In a large saucepan warm the oil. Add some chopped parsley.
3. Add the filets into the saucepan. Fry for a couple of minutes on both sides.

4. Add the cream.

5. Lower the heat and let simmer under an almost closed lid for a while.
6. Enjoy with saffron rice.

Saffron Rice

Serves 2

2 dl cooked basmati rice (you will not need quite this much for the hearts, but save the rest for later)
2-3 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
some threads of saffron
2 teaspoons water
You will also need 1 heart shaped cookie cutter

1. Add the water into a small bowl.
2. Crush the saffron threads with your fingertips and mix with water.
3. Add the yoghurt, and mix with a spoon.
4. When placing the rice on a plate, use a heart shaped cookie cutter as a mould. With a teaspoon fill the mould with the saffron rice. Remove the cookie cutter carefully.

Pomegranate Jus

1 teaspoon unsalted butter
juice and seeds of half a pomegranate
2-3 teaspoons granulated sugar

1. In a small saucepan melt the butter.
2. Add 2-3 teaspoons of sugar and mix.
3. Add the pomegranate seeds & juice.
4. Let simmer for a while.
5. Use to decorate the rice hearts.



9 comments:

Toni said...

I think the pomegranate seeds and saffron give this chicken dish an extra "Je ne sais quois", if you know what I mean!

Enjoy your trip, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Annemarie said...

A decadent lunch indeed but we all deserve it once in a while. :) A trip to Paris - how exciting!

rowena said...

A girl definitely needs to pamper herself every now and then, and you can't go wrong with honey and cream on anything! But when I read that you also added pomegranate seeds and saffron, well...that sounded like total Sunday indulgence! ;-)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Very yummy! I love that combination of ingredients...

Cheers,

Rosa

anya said...

Tiina, it's a feast you had for your Sunday lunch! Great!

Ohhh...A trip to Paris!!! Can't be anything better!!!! You'll keep us posted, won't you? ;)

Cinnamonda said...

Thank you Toni for stopping by, and yes, I know what you mean! :)

Annemarie, yes we do, we do! :)

Yes, Rowena, honey and cream are a rather foolproof combination. :)

Thanks Rosa for your comment! I must admit I did like this lunch a lot.

Anya, I will definitely keep you posted. I will not be going for some time yet, but the hotel is booked and plane tickets are bought, so my upcoming trip feels a bit more real already!

Wintergreetings,
Tiina

White On Rice Couple said...

Beautiful combination of flavors as always, Tiina. That's why we have TAGGED you!
Check out the details at http://whiteonricecouple.com/blog

Simply...Gluten-free said...

What a beautiful lunch. This is my first time to your blog, I will be back. Very nice!

Cinnamonda said...

White on rice couple,wow, you tagged me!! Thank you!

Simply...gluten-free, thank you for visiting & for your kind words! I hope to see you again here.

Greetings,
Tiina