Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Picks of the Month



To wrap up this January, my first month as a blogger :), I would like to share with you all links to some posts or recipes from other food blogs that I have found especially interesting during these past few weeks.

1. Firstly apple scones by Anne from Anne's Food
I've never been too enthusiastic about scones, but these apple scones are something else! Easy to bake and really, really delicious, they totally converted me to a pro-scone person. :)

2. Heidi from 101 Cookbooks posted this wonderful recipe for olive oil crackers. They are fun to make and taste almost too good!

3. Peppermint panna cotta with raspberries and ginger tuille by Kate/Kajal from Aapplemint
Everything about this dessert looks really appetizing. I am yet to try the panna cotta recipe, but the ginger tuilles are very good indeed!



4. Rosa over at Rosa's Yummy Yums posted a very intriguing recipe for Basel bread that I would have liked to try immediately after reading her blog entry. Unfortunately the recipe calls for sourdough and I have not yet had the opportunity to make any. But some day, some day... :)

5. Last but not least Clotilde from my favorite blog Chocolate & Zucchini wrote about a conference on molecular gastronomy she attended. Very interesting stuff!

6 comments:

anya said...

Love the picture!! What make of the photo camera are you using?

After I call my grandmom tonight to clarify some details on her delicious blini recipe I'll definitely share it with you.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Cinnamonda said...

Hi Anya!

Thank you for the compliment and extra big thank you already in advance for the recipe!
I use a Fuji FinePix S9500. I must admit, I love my camera! :)

Greetings,
Tiina

White On Rice Couple said...

Thumbs up to all of these recipes! A special thumbs up to Clotilde for still being around after all these years and doing a great job!

Cinnamonda said...

Can't agree more, White on Rice Couple! They are all great recipes.
By the way, I'm going to buy red rice today. :)

Greetings,
Tiina

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Thanks ever so much for writing about my blog! I'm glad you liked this bread... It is really worth making your own sourdough (not a very difficult task, though), believe me ;-P!

Cheers,

Rosa

Cinnamonda said...

You're welcome, Rosa! And thanks also for the encouragement! I am definitely planning on making my own sourdough in the not so distant future.

Greetings,
Tiina