Friday, 25 January 2008
Weekend, lovely weekend! Time to relax and regroup, time to read, watch TV ( Australian Open Tennis Championships finals, yay!!), and try out some lovely recipes. :)
Today's recipe is, however, an old one I have used numerous times. It is easy and very basic and you can variate it in many ways. I have used this recipe to bake date cookies and coconut cookies (If you try these, use 1/2 to 1 dl finely chopped dates or coconut flakes respectively and only 2 desilitres of wheat flour), but the other day I found this lovely Danish orange marmalade at my corner store and simply had to use it to make orange cookies!
100 g unsalted butter
0,5 dl granulated sugar
3 dl wheat flour
0,5 dl potato flour
3 heaping tablespoons orange marmalade
0,5 teaspoon vanillin sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C.
2. Cream the unsalted butter and sugar together in a bowl.
3. Beat in the egg.
4. Mix together all the dry ingredients and add to the dough.
5. Add the orange marmalade and mix again.
6. Prepare a baking sheet. (I always use greaseproof paper when baking cookies.)
7. Take about a tablespoon of dough at a time and mould it into little flattened balls between your palms.
8. Set the balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Don't bake too long or you'll get stones instead of cookies! :) These cookies are rather pale even when ready.
10. Let cool.
11. Enjoy as such or with some orange marmalade!